CC

CG study (After Effects, Nuke, Maya...), English study and more.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

[VFX]-The Curious Case of Benjamin Button



The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
, directed by David Fincher, so attracted me in terms of VFX and storytelling.
I write about VFX in here.

Here are articles I found interesting:

Digital Domain website
-You can view HQ "digital Benjamin" making movie.

Behind the scenes website
-In addition to "digital Benjamin", you can view "anti-aging effect" and creating environment.

The VFX Show (direct link to audio file)
-One hour long(!) show

Cinefex (book)

-I bought Japanese version in book store.

Things I learned and thought:
The term "Uncanny valley". I didn't even know Japanese word "不気味の谷"!

Red camera is in recently.

In this film, analogue techniques are used.(ex. print out the footage and paint on it and scan it frame by frame) as well as cutting edge techniques. I liked the mixture of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment